Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) “E” Division Headquarters, Green Timbers, Surrey, BC
The RCMP Functional Programming and Project Management project spans over 3 buildings, and totals approximately 70,000 square metres. PD Group worked collaboratively with Bouygues Energies & Services Canada (BYES), Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and RCMP Client Representatives to create holistic solutions which balanced the needs of the Client Group with applicable standards.
The purpose of the Detailed Functional Program is as follows:
- To provide the approving and funding authorities with a detailed description of the current facility’s requirements.
- To provide an understanding of the activities and facilities required for each component house in E Division Headquarters.
- To provide detailed criteria which must be met in the design and construction of the Headquarters facilities.
- To provide the RCMP and PWGSC with a reference manual from which it can discuss and evaluate design schemes.
- To provide the RCMP with a reference manual from which it can discuss and develop administrative and organizational policies for their facilities.
- To provide the RCMP with a reference manual from which it can plan for commissioning, operating and evaluating their Headquarters facilities.
PD Group Scope of Services included review of existing documents and plans and update as necessary to bring them to current state of facility, information gathering and preparation of recommendation for long term space utilization, tendering and coordination of multi-disciplanry consultant team, and assembly of final Functional Programming Document & presentation to client.
PD Group continues to work with BYES, PSPC and RCMP at Green Timbers assisting with Planning and Facilities Management scope.